The Bush Cleaver
It's finally here!!!! The "Bush Cleaver" by IHK!!!! This beast of a knife is not only massive but like all of the IHK knives its beautiful! Who says that survival knife's have to be ugly!!!!! Part meat cleaver, part bush tool, part carver and part hand hatchet this knife can do it all! This was inspired by the custom straight razor that is currently being developed in the shop thus the straight razor's edge (convex grind).
This like all other Indy Hammered Knives, it is virtually indestructible at 10" overall, the blade is 5" long with a front choil that allows for total control and versatility with bushcrafting and wood carving. The hammered hand forged blade is 1095 High Carbon Steel with a razor sharp spine. The full tang blade is 3"16th inches thick that provides tons of power and balance. The handle pictured is my favorite Burl Amboyna but can be made in many different handle options (like all IHK's). The handle has a solid brass lanyard hole with an adjustable 550 paracord lanyard (matching handle beads are optional).
- 10" overall, 5" blade - 1 7/8th wide
- 3/16th in thick, full tang hammered hand-forged 1095 High Carbon Steel
- 90 degree spine
- Convex grind
- Handle has one brass mosaic pin and a solid brass lanyard tube at the end
- Handle options: kirinite, amboyna, curly maple, cocobolo, other
- Custom leather sheath (with optional dangler)